Sunday, February 23, 2014

The snow is melting

The weather has been just miserable here on Long Island since December.  Snow, cold, and more snow.  But,this weekend the weather is in the 40's and feels like Spring is in the air.  But, I wouldn't hold my breath on that one...it is bound to get wintery again soon.  Oh, well, a girl can dream....
  So, what is there to do when it is too cold and nasty to go outdoors?  Make Cards!

Here are a few cards made at the start of  2014:


























I've been playing with stamps, embossing folders, peel-off designs, washie tape and die cutting.  It's been fun and I guess I'll just have to continue practicing until I get it right. 
   My fractures are almost healed.  Physical therapy is helping quite a bit.  This week I turn 69 years on this earth...wow, what a ride!!
   Until next time...be well and be kind to one another.
Lois...

3 comments:

  1. As always i love looking at your newest creations! I noticed that picture of Max on the top... is his hair cut short? I believe that's a first! He's just cute as a button! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog (acardsmith.blogspot.com), Lois. My readership is so small that it's always wonderful to find that someone is actually reading it! I too am always learning: this is a vastly interesting hobby and I'm sure I'll never know the half of what's available out there. But I expect to have fun trying anyway! Meanwhile, is there any way I can subscribe to your blog via my email? I can't find that option on your blog . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, sorry for delay in responding. I can't believe that it has been 2 months since I posted and here and now found your comment. Thank you for writing. I love you notifications and cards! I learn a little more each time I view and read your emails.
      I have no subscribers per se, but there must be some place on here to receive notification when I post. It's interesting because I always think I'm writing to myself here. LOL
      I'll let you know when post. I'm going to upload some cards I've done the last couple of months sometime today. ttys
      Lois

      Delete