Sunday, June 13, 2010

It's been a while...

I wish I had more time to blog.  I'm doing this quietly without anyone knowing about it. I'm not ready to make this public.  If it is public, then my obligation to post would be stronger and  just don't want to be pressured about this...I just want to post and display my cards at my leisure.  So here I am after a hectic week.  We had last minute guests from out of town this week which caused my not being able to attend one of Diana Kovaks' card making classes.  But, this coming week is another one and I'll sure be there for that.  I get such inspiration and a sense of fulfillment being among other card makers.  I learn from them.  There seems to be a regular group of women who attend and I'm getting more comfortable being with them and chatting about art and life.  
  Meanwhile, I'm going to post some older work of mine.
This card was given to a friend who lost a loved one.  It is a simple card made from patterned paper, some ribbon and stamped words on a card, over a card.  It was easy to make but I think it gave away a sincere feeling of condolences.


 

I've always been a little collage challenged.  This card was a pretty good attempt of trying to piece together images to form a feeling and a picture.  



The focal point of this card is the hand made alcohol ink design as the background.  On top of that I adhered a strip of  purchased hand made paper and outlined it in gold peel-off lines.  I adhered three pink pearls for an accent.  The lotus flowers/branch is a dimensional piece that was also adhered to the page.  I stamped the 'joy' stamp in black ink.  All this is on a black card.
I love this card!! I'm about to send it to a friend for her birthday.

That's it for now...more when I can take a break and  post again. 

2 comments:

  1. i really like this one too... the colors and blends of design are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually ended up sending this one to my Son and Daughter-law for their 2nd anniversary 9/13/10.

    ReplyDelete